Who can worship at St. Andrews?
- Everyone is welcome at St. Andrews!
What do I Wear to service?
- Come as you are.
Where can I park?
- You may park on Sunday mornings on either side of East Burd Street, in the Episcopal Square parking lot across East Burd from the church (even though it says it’s for residents only) or in the Victorian Corner parking lot off Martin Alley.
Will I be asked for money?
- Offering will be collected, but the offering is for our members and regular attendees. If you are a visitor or guest, please do not feel obligated to give.
What about my kids?
- We love children at St. Andrews. Children join their parents at our worship service. We have activity bags for them that contain activities that help them engage with the service. We even had a special worship binder which shows them through pictures the different parts of the service.
What will not happen when I visit?
- You will not be singled out or put on the spot in our services. You will not be asked to give financially. Your personal style of worship is respected; whether it is quiet and reflective or enthusiastically involved.
What time is service?
- During most of the year, we have two services on Sunday. Holy Eucharist Rite I begins at 8:00 a.m. and the Holy Eucharist Rite II begins at 10:00 a.m.
- We will go to one worship service for the summer months of July and August. This worship will be at 9 a.m. We have chosen to do this so we can come together as a group of people and get to know each other better.
How do we worship?
- We follow the Episcopal tradition using the red Book of Common Prayer 1979 and the blue Hymnal 1982. Both are located in the pew racks.
Who can receive communion?
- All are invited to the Lord ’s Table for Holy Communion. If you wish to receive communion, place your hands together to receive the bread; you may take a sip of wine directly from the chalice or intinct by carefully dipping the bread into the wine. If you wish only a blessing, either cross your arms or put you’re your hands in a prayer position.
What happens after service?
- Please join us for coffee hour in the Parish Life Center(PLC) There is coffee and juice, goodies, and a lot of great conversation and fellowship!